Anchorage’s laws are not reasonable, but their firemen (eventually) are.
The “TL;DW” (too long; didn’t watch) summary:
- The Anchorage Assembly has passed laws to ensure safe fires.
- There is no objective standard for what constitutes a safe fire.
- The only standard is that fires must be in approved containers.
- The only approved containers are corporate products.
- Someone made an anonymous report of an “illegal” fire.
- This group of firemen eventually used a reasonable standard to determine that this fire was, in fact, safe, even though it was not in an approved container.